Gua sha is a traditional Chinese massage technique designed for overall relaxation and health. This ancient practice is performed using a gua sha tool, along with oil which allows the tool to glide easily over the skin and prevents tugging on the skin.
Benefits of gua sha massage:
- encourages lymphatic drainage
- aids in releasing and relaxing tight muscles
- promotes feelings of calm and well-being
- helps soothe stress and tension
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This item is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Color: Made from aventurine jade, so is green in color; however, the exact color may vary.
Jade: Jade is believed to ward off stress and anxiety and invite prosperity and calm.
Use: Apply an oil before use. Apply more oil, if needed, while using the gua sha. Gua Sha is best when warmed, run under hot water or use heating pad.
Apply gentle strokes towards the heart, 4-8 strokes per area:
- Calf - stroke ankle to knee
- Thigh - stroke inner thigh knee to groin, for outer and top stroke knee to hip
- Hamstring - stroke knee to glute using comb edge of Gua Sha
- Torso (front & side) - stroke downward heart to hip
- Forearm - stroke wrist to elbow
- Bicep & Tricep - stroke elbow to shoulder
- Neck - stroke collarbone to chin
View a gua sha tutorial here.
Gua Sha Oil recommendation: